Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Projection Booth: Mortal Kombat Legacy episode 1


Check this just over 12 minute first episode in the reboot of Mortal Kombat saga portrayed on film. This is just the first a couple planned webisodes to help launch a full fledged movie.

All I have to say is "fucking brilliant". Its obvious they are going for a "Dark Knight" type realism and I think its gonna work even with some obscenely outrageous characters in the MK universe.
Having talen of Michael Jai White and Jeri Ryan in this first installment is amazing.
We get to see Jax, Sonya, Striker and Kano.
The fight scene is awesome and the special effects are top notch. I could only utter "Wow" when watching it. I am salivating for more. Getting to see Kabal's mask and what will become Kano's "red eye" were awesome little treats. The cinematic style has a little Zack Snyder-esque slo-mo shots and the soundtrack sounds like it was lifted from an unused Terminator 2 score. I loved every second of it.
I can't wait to see who they introduce next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment