Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Zombie Jesus Day





Its like halloween without the drunken dressing up. This year I'm gonna try and squeeze in Night of the living dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Return of the Living Dead, Shaun of the Dead, Cemetery Man and either Dead Alive(Braindead) or Re-Animator or if I need a laugh, Zombieland (its slowly becoming a new classic c'mon admit it. Zombie Bill Murray I mean GENIUS!)

I did have a brilliant idea though tonight for starting next year.
I think the friday before should be known as Snuff Film Day and you start with Passion of the Christ( one of the best snuff films to come out of a major studio EVER) obviously for starters, then watch 8mm, and as many Faces Of Death movies as you can stomach. I'd even say throw in Funny Games for a bit of levity and a self nod to humanity's sadistic brutal nature.
Also you could watch the documentary "SNUFF: Killing on Camera" (I highly recommend not just because my friend Rock n Roll Ray Whalen is featured in it)
Sounds like a proper way to fully celebrate the killing of a man who never hurt anyone. I mean if you are gonna wear as well as nail up( pun intended) crucifixes all over, the exact device that was used to kill the guy you might as well go full bore and just celebrate killing for the sake of killing.
Now that would make for one HELL of a weekend.

Either way... enjoy your Zombie Jesus Day and bite the head off some peeps while you're at it.

2 comments:

  1. I think that you should add Pet Cemetery to this list... I would watch that over Funny Games any day, even if the cat dies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny games isn't a zombie movie. Its barely a snuff film/ more of a celebration of violence type movie

    P.S. It's Pet Semetary

    ReplyDelete